Saturday, September 3, 2016

My Right-Hand Man

Yesterday I worked on the right hand exercises my teacher gave me. They look simple--various kinds of arpeggios--but they are actually somewhat difficult to play because they require coordination of fingers. I think, too, that they require an automatic action, as typing does: doing it without thinking about how to do it, relying on muscle to react quickly. Because such an exercise increases quickness, I think.

I found a YouTube video of an unknown guitarist playing the exercises, created by Mauro Giuliani, who lived and worked in Italy in the early 19th century:
Below is his portrait, and the link to a website dedicated to him: Giuliani. The site contains sheet music for all his works and audio/video performances of some of the pieces.
Mauro Giuliani

No comments:

Post a Comment