Thursday, January 11, 2018

Practice Makes Perfect

Today I decided to put this idea into practice: I started video recording my practices. It took me a while to set something up, but I think what I came up with was useful not only to get used to recording myself and playing to an "audience," but also to see what I'm doing and how I sound. Having a recording allows me to analyze my performance and see how some of my errors can be corrected.

I'm posting the clips to YouTube because they're so large. The first video, where I am playing Minuet in G, is here:




When I looked at this video, I saw right away that I was lifting my hand off the guitar on almost every note. My instructor would not approve!

So in the next video, I tried to pay attention to that. I don't know if I succeeded completely, but I think I did better, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment