Sunday, January 14, 2018

Quiet Hands Are the Angel's Workshop

In the last few days I have been spending my practice working on "quiet hands," as I've taken to calling it when my hands move as little as possible. For now, I'm just concentrating on my right hand, trying to keep it as close to the guitar as possible and as efficient as possible.

In the below video, I'm playing the finger exercises and trying to use quiet hands. I'm not entirely successful, but it seems I'm doing a bit better with it.


In the next video, made two days later, I'm playing "Simple Gifts" and trying to minimize movement. I'm not completely succeeding, as I see that whenever I pluck two or more strings together I move my hand away from the guitar somewhat more. I am working that, trying to make even the chords not "jump" away.





No comments:

Post a Comment