Monday, October 24, 2016

Nervous Nellie Strikes Again!

Today's lesson was a little discouraging, I must admit. I was so hoping I could actually play the pieces I've been working on, but once again I got all fumble-fingered and made a hash of things. I'm not really sure what to do to make it easier for me to play in front of my teacher, but I'm going to try to come up with something. Maybe memorizing would work.

I'll try memorizing and then performing one piece for my family. It really makes me nervous even to think about it, though.

I should perhaps set aside an extra period of time just for learning the piece. Maybe an extra half hour a day would do the trick. I was able to memorize "Joy to the World" once upon a time. If I can do that, maybe I can memorize an additional tune. But then playing it for someone will really make a difference. If I can play it perfectly, then I will feel a lot better, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment