Sunday, October 16, 2016

Two-Timing the Music

Well, I've been using the two-time-a-day method of practicing for five days now and it seems to be working out quite well. After a half hour, my fingers start to get a little sore and so when I take a break they have time to recover before my afternoon session.

I also like dividing up the activities between detail work and through-play. Working on the little segments of the pieces satisfies my desire to pay close attention to the music and it helps when I play the piece all the way through because I can get past those road blocks more quickly and easily.

One advantage I was not expecting is that I find myself wanting to go beyond the 1/2 time allotted for practice. Usually I don't go too far, because I don't want to overdo it and make it harder the next time.

So I guess this practicing thing really works!! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment