Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Putting My Finger On Progress

Practices have been going well with my new arrangement. The last few days I have been going past the 1/2 hour time limit by about 10 minutes, which means I'm at about 1 hour 20 minutes per day.

I'm experiencing some real gains in the pieces I've chosen to work on. I've also upped the number to 6 pieces so that I'll always have one or two pieces I'm just beginning to learn, one or two in the intermediate stage, and one or two that are nearly complete.

Most of the trouble I'm having with pieces these days has to do with difficult chords. Making my fingers span the neck of my guitar is pretty tough right now, but it is getting easier. I keep working on the fingering in the technical portion of my practice.

So, things are looking good for continuing this practice arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment